Hello, fellow ROWers! I’m back for another A Round of Words in 80 Days. I have to say that after the last round I took a bit of a break. You see, on September 19th (my birthday, too) I reinjured my nerves in my neck and shoulders somehow and can’t feel the last 2 fingers on my left hand. It’s like wearing 100 layers of latex gloves. I’ve been going to the chiropractor and my desk will be sporting a new knee chair as soon as I figure out which one to get. My hopes is that sometime in the next few weeks I can regain feeling and function in those two fingers.
As you can imagine, it makes writing ridiculously hard when I can’t feel the keys and loose muscle control on occassion. So this Round of 80 I’m taking it a little easy on the writing and heavy on the personal health and writing craft growth.
ROW80 Round 4 Goals (in no particular order)
– Read/comment on at least 5 other ROW participants Wednesday and Sunday check-ins each week
– FINISH Faylinn’s Chronicles serial
– START my Paleo-centered health blog and post 2 or more times a week
– Start and complete the first of Margie Lawson’s Writing Lectures with Jody Moller
– GET A NEW PRINTER (I know this seems silly as a goal but I need a laser color all-in-one and those suckers aren’t cheap)
– Get into a weight lifting and yoga routine
– Read the three Indie/ROW80 novels I have waiting and write reviews on them, add in others as they come
– Posting goals for THIS blog will be the Sun/Wed check in which I will expand to be more than just what I’m writing (or not writing), Sunday will be a review of our previous week with the Margie Lawson packet and Wednesday will be whatever I feel like it, Friday’s if there is nothing else coming, will be book/short story/work reviews from other participants or Indie self-published writers. Then I will fill in where I want/need with Faylinn’s Chronicles, Flash Fiction or other things that come up.
Even though there is a boat load of goals here, do you notice anything? Perhaps lack of WIP goals? Yeah, this hand thing and I are going to focus this round on finishing up my current serial and critiquing other’s work and learning how to better my own.
Now to go check in with the other ROWer’s that are already jumping to the challenge.